#Rk` Index du Forum

#Rk` Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Together Through Life A Personal Journey With The Music O ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    #Rk` Index du Forum -> ✰ Espace Palmarès HRs ✰ ->
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
[ •●★*´VιSιTєυя / ẲυTяє TєαM`*★●• ]

MessagePosté le: Ven 30 Juin - 22:09 (2017)    Sujet du message: Together Through Life A Personal Journey With The Music O Répondre en citant

Together Through Life: A Personal Journey with the Music of Bob Dylan
by Chris Morris
rating: 4.5 (7 reviews)

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Together Through Life: A Personal Journey with the Music of Bob Dylan
READ BOOK Together Through Life: A Personal Journey with the Music of Bob Dylan

Veteran journalist and critic Chris Morris looks back at his intense half-century-long relationship with the music of Bob Dylan, viewing the role the singer-songwriter's work has played in his own life. A candid album-by-album exploration of Dylan's catalog through 2016's "Fallen Angels" examines the powerful personal impact of the musician's art.

In 2013, Morris - the former music editor of <em>The Hollywood Reporter</em> and a longtime senior writer at <em>Billboard</em> - hit a psychological roadblock as he worked on his book <em>Los Lobos: Dream in Blue</em> (ultimately published in 2015 by the University of Texas Press). Hoping to get his writing flowing again, he turned to the music of Bob Dylan, whose album catalog had recently been collected in a boxed-set edition, and published his thoughts as posts on the blog site Tumblr.

It quickly became apparent to the writer and to his readers that the posts were something more than a critical reconsideration of Dylan's music.

Morris writes. "The pieces were not about Dylan and they were not about me; they were about Dylan <em>and</em> me. I found myself reconsidering my past through these records. <em>Where was I when this came out? How old was I? Where was I living? Who was I with? Was I in love? Was I happy? Miserable? Crazy? Was I high? Where was I working? What was my state of mind? How did the music affect me?</em> In some cases the pieces were coolly measured (though never impersonal); in others I found myself plunging into places within me that I hadn't visited for years. I was retrieving a portion of my life, which I had spent almost all of in the company of Bob Dylan's music."

Here, Dylan's music is explored album by album, from his 1962 debut as a folksinger to his 2015-16 explorations of the Classic American songbook; the creative highs and lows of his entire 37-title discography are examined.

But Morris' take on Dylan's music doesn't merely weigh the quality of the work - it reveals how a gifted artist's creations have the power to engage, incite, alter, and even rescue a listener over the course of a lifetime. <em>Together Through Life</em> occupies a unique space in the vast bibliography of Bob Dylan books.

price: $12.94
publisher: Over Easy Media Inc DBA Rothco Press; Revised Second with Additional ed. edition (May 16, 2017)
lang: English
isbn: 1941519997, 978-1941519998,
weight: 7.5 ounces (

Together Through Life: A Personal Journey with the Music of Bob Dylan Chris Morris

You can change this preference belowBook: Teresa Ryan Manzella How to Analyze the Music of Bob Dylan amazon.com - .co.uk - .deClose Your lists AFLW January 4, 2017 Non-Fiction, REAL We Are the Story by Samantha Dunn A A Read More We live inside storiesClose Log in to Twitter Remember me Forgot password? Don't have an account? Sign up

During the following years, Id go to bed conjuring the youthful hope of that train ride so that my dreams could make it soTwitter will use this to make your timeline betterCD: NCIS: Official TV Soundtrack, VolHearing David Bowies Modern Love on the night of the election, the song was now a lesson in how to battle alienation with a snazzy rictus, to stand among the brightest lights yet feel utterly alone, in the darkis pleased to have Expecting Rain in the family of Amazon.com AssociatesThe experience profoundly changed her, as a woman, writer and wifeBook: Brady J

And the tears keep fallingAlso initially rankling was his dismissal of certain Dylan songs and albums which are among my personal favorites, especially Desire and InfidelsAnd this is the beauty of the book, that it will spark countless arguments like this one about which albums matter most, and why, and which songsTracklist and samples at amazon.de - Book: Michael Gray Bob Dylan Encyclopedia Paperback: amazon.com - .uk - .deAudiobook read by Shawn Penn (abridged) from the iTunes Music Store CD: amazon.com - .deMost LikelyClose Bound: amazon.com - co.uk - .deAFLW January 12, 2017 Non-Fiction, REAL Enough by Alana Saltz A A Read More For the first time in her life, writer Alana Saltz is afraid of being Jewish

Gilmour amazon.com - .co.uk - .de Book: Bob Dylan: A Spiritual Life by Scott Marshall amazon.com - .co.uk - .deCatalogue: Bob Dylan The Asia Series Catalogue Gagosian (US) amazon.co.uk - .de Buch: Thomas Waldherr I'm In A Cowboy Band amazon.deNews Latest News Best New Music Daily Discovery Features Articles Interviews The List Video Sessions Photo Galleries Lyric Of The Week Writer Of The Week Reviews Album Reviews Track Reviews Gear Reviews Concert Reviews Store Contests Lyric Contests Contest Winners On My Deathbed Winners Q&A Songwriter U Coaching Marketing Getting Paid Touring Legal Corner Writers Room Get your Free Membership Exclusive online only content Pieces from new and archived print editions Premium Songwriter U articles SIGN UP Subscribe to the Print MagazineBecome part of a 30 Year Tradition Print Magazines delivered to your door every other month Exclusive content only in print Access to all content in free membership More Paid Member Only online features coming soon SUBSCRIBE TODAY Or Renew your Subscription 2017 ForASong Media, LLCLanguage: English Content location: Ukraine Restricted Mode: Off History Help LoadingBack to top &uarr; Loading seems to be taking a while 2ffeafca65

The Jefferson Hotel: The History of a Richmond Landmark (Landmarks)Un peu plus pr&egrave;s de la lumi&egrave;re (Pentalogie des livres musicaux de Pierre Grenier t. 4) (French Edition)Gleanings Among the Sheaves (Classic Reprint)The Life and Times of Salvator RosaThe Artistic Development of Reynolds and Gainsborough: Two Essays (Classic Reprint)Graph Paper Notebook : I BELIEVE IN UNICORNS AND I AM PROUD OF IT: Graph paper, 1/2&quot; squares. 100+ Pages of 7&quot; x 10&quot;Curious Kittens 2018 CalendarThe New Delta: Bianca de VliegerGREATER SWISS MOUNTAIN DOG Coloring book for Adults Relaxation Meditation Blessing 40 Grayscale images: Animal Coloring Book , Sketch books , Relaxation Meditation , adult coloring booksLyric journal: Flamingo Design, Song Writing Journal with Lined Staff Paper For Jotting down Lyrics And Music. Best Gift for Musicians, Music Lovers, ... mania, best songwriting friends) (Volume 4)

MessagePosté le: Ven 30 Juin - 22:09 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    #Rk` Index du Forum -> ✰ Espace Palmarès HRs ✰ -> Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation